- 6 Nueske’s Natural Casing Hot Dogs or Big Dogs, split lengthwise but not all the way through
- 8 oz. Sharp Cheddar, sliced
- 1 Large, whole dill pickle, sliced into at least 6 pieces (lengthwise)
- 12 Slices Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Thin-Sliced Bacon
- 6 Hot Dog Buns
- Condiments of your choosing
TOOTHPICK TIP: If you have problems with your toothpicks burning, we recommend soaking them in water for at least 20 minutes before you begin this recipe.
Preheat oven to broil at 375°F.
Take a knife and split each hot dog down the middle but don’t cut all the way through the dog. Lay some sliced cheddar in the center of the cut and then place a slice of the pickle on top of the cheese.
Wrap each dog in 2 thin slices of bacon, being careful to use the second slice to cover any area that the first slice may not have covered. Secure the bacon at each end with a toothpick.
Broil your dogs on top of a baking sheet lined with foil for about 12 minutes or until the bacon is nicely browned and crisp. Remove the toothpicks from the dogs before placing on the buns and serving.
TIP: We like to toast our buns under the broiler, too, and if you really want to do this the Wisconsin way, you’ll butter those buns before broiling.