- 2 nectarines, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 c. sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp plus 2 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ¼ c. soft goat cheese
- 1 French baguette sliced into twelve ½-inch thick pieces
Heat oven broiler on high. Place the baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet pan. Brush the tops of the bread with the 2 tablespoon olive oil. Place bread under the hot broiler. When bread tops are lightly browned, remove from oven.
Place the cherries, mint, sugar, balsamic vinegar, vanilla extract and re- maining 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes.
Spread the goat cheese on top of the toasted bread. On each bread piece, fan out two slices of nectarines and top with three or four cherry halves. Drizzle top of crostini with any remaining balsamic olive oil from the cherries.