- 2 tsp honey
- 1 small shallot, peeled & finely diced
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¾ c. extra-virgin olive oil (more if needed to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ pound rhubarb, cut into ¾ to 1-inch pieces on a slight diagonal
- 1/4 c. honey
- 6 c. of arugula or baby spinach
- 2 tblsp toasted almond slivers
- 1/3 c. crumbled fresh goat cheese
makes approximately 1 1/4 cups
Place honey, shallot, lemon juice and mustard in a blender. Puree until smooth. With blender running, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream. Start with ¾ cup and taste. If the vinaigrette tastes too acidic, add a little more olive oil to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss rhubarb with honey. Roast on upper rack until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
Let cool on baking sheet.
Place the greens in bowl. Toss with roasted rhubarb, almonds and enough dressing to just coat. Garnish salad with goat cheese.
Refrigerate any leftover dressing for future use.
WATCH THIS VIDEO FOR STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FROM CHEF TERRI!