- 1 cup dry kamut
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup unsalted cashew halves
- ½ cup dried cranberries or cherries
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
Soak the dry kamut in water overnight. Drain and rinse the next day and place in a saucepot with the 4 cups of water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 60 minutes. The grain should be tender in the middle but still have a slight crunch. Drain and let cool.
Whisk the apple cider vinegar and maple syrup together. Taste. If desired add the optional olive oil. Place the cooked kamut, cashews, dried cranberries or cherries and shredded carrot in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.