- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
In a medium saucepan, cook carrots in water, covered, 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
In a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish, combine cooked carrots, cherries, maple syrup, butter, nutmeg and ginger. (It is not necessary to thaw cherries before combining with carrots.) Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375 degree oven 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Stir occasionally.
Makes 6 servings