- 1/3 cup low fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cut in 1/2″ thin short strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 seven-inch whole grain tortillas
- Chopped romaine lettuce (optional)
- Diced fresh tomato (optional)
In a medium mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients; set aside.
Heat oil in nonstick sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 4 minutes or until soft and just beginning to brown. Add garlic and cook for one minute longer. Do not brown garlic.
Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently for about 4 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove from heat and season with salt. Add chicken mixture to the dressing in the mixing bowl. Add cherries and cilantro. Stir to combine. There will be approximately 3 cups of chicken salad.
Place about 1/2 cup chicken salad on warmed tortilla. Add lettuce or tomato if desired. Roll up, burrito style. Serve immediately.
Chicken salad is equally delicious served sans the tortilla.
Makes 3 cups/6 small wrap sandwiches