- 1 pound oven-roasted mixed mushrooms – see recipe
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped skinned hazelnuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot or white onion
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups of cleaned red leaf lettuce
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
ROAST THE HAZELNUTS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chopped hazelnuts on a rimmed baking pan. Place in oven and roast until golden, approximately 2-to 3-minutes. Remove and set aside.
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE
Place the chopped garlic clove, shallot or onion, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar and hazelnut oil in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
Place the greens and half of the cheese in a large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to just coat. Leftover dressing can be refrigerated and used at another time.
Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top each salad with warm roasted mushrooms. Garnish with the toasted hazelnuts and the remaining cheese.