- 6 ounces feta cheese, room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 small shallot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- grind of fresh pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 large watermelon radishes or 1 large bunch smaller radishes
- 24 sprigs fresh mint or Italian parsley
- 24 toothpicks
For the whipped feta: place the feta, cream cheese, shallot and garlic in bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse to combine. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
Use watermelon radishes for stuffed canapés. Wash and dry radishes. Using a mandoline, thinly slice radishes in to thin circles. Put 6 slices aside. Spread a thin layer of feta spread on half of one side of remaining radish slices. Roll to create a horn shape. Secure with toothpick. Thinly julienne the 6 slices of watermelon radish. Insert julienne radish and sprig of mint or parsley into each canapé.
To serve as a dip: Place feta spread in a bowl. Serve with whole or halved smaller radishes.