- 4 ounces Wisconsin blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups thinly sliced fresh kale
- 2 small fresh broccoli bunches
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
Place blue cheese, thyme, salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. Mix with fork, breaking cheese into small crumbles. Stir in yogurt, buttermilk and vinegar.
Cut broccoli florets from bunches (save for different dish). Remove the outer layer of broccoli stems with a vegetable peeler. Slice stems into thin strips with a mandolin or peeler. Slice carrot into thin strips. Add broccoli and carrot strips to kale mixture. Toss with remaining dressing. Serve immediately. Tip: Packaged broccoli coleslaw mix could be substituted for the broccoli and carrot in this recipe.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.