- 2 pounds mushrooms, roasted (see roasted mushroom recipe)
- 10-ounches fresh baby arugula
- 24 slices of French baguette or Italian bread, cut in ½-inch slices on a slight diagonal enough
- extra-virgin olive oil to brush bread slices
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Roast the 2 pounds of sliced mixed mushrooms (see roasted mushroom recipe).
- Preheat broiler on high. Line a baking pan with foil. Place the bread slices in an even layer on the pan. Brush the top of the slices with extra-virgin olive oil. Place under the broiler until lightly browned. Flip slices and lightly brown the other side of the bread, being careful not to over brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, basil and garlic. Place the roasted mushrooms in a mixing bowl. Toss with the arugula. Spread ricotta cheese mixture on top of the slightly cooled bread slices. Top with the mushroom arugula mixture. Garnish with grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese.
Watch the Video