- 2 rings smoked sausage, sliced into 3-inch pieces
- 2 pounds sauerkraut, drained well
- 8 to 12 red potatoes, washed and halved or quartered depending on the size
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 bottles (12 ounces) beer
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds (optional)
Place potatoes in slow cooker. Next add onion, apples, kraut, and bacon.
Place sausage on top. Pour in beer, brown sugar and caraway seeds. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours or until the potatoes are tender.