- 2 eight-inch parbaked pizza crusts (see separate recipe)
- 1½ cups herb pesto (see separate recipe)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh cherry or tear drop tomatoes, halved
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the parbaked pizza crusts on either a pizza stone or a baking pan.
Spread a thin layer of herb pesto on each crust. Top with oven dried tomato confit and olives. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
Drizzle the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the two pizzas.
Bake on the middle rack until cheese is browned and bubbles, about 12 minutes.
While baking, place the arugula and tomatoes in a bowl and toss with the remaining 1½ tablespoons of olive oil, the parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
Remove pizza from oven and top with the arugula salad. Garnish with finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
*note regarding the parbaked pizza crust: Take out of the freezer for about 15 minutes prior to using. When making the pizza, place the crust directly on the oven rack (preferably on the middle rack) so that the bottom crust gets crispy. Then place under the broiler for a quick flash to brown up the cheese.
Makes two 8 to 9 inch pizzas