- 2 lb. of elk steak or stew meat (cut into 1- inch cubes)
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 lb. baby bella mushrooms
- 1 8 oz. container of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 4 cups beef stock
- Wonder flour (or any thickening agent) as needed for thickening
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. extra wide egg noodles
- 6 cups water
Brown the elk meat in olive oil in a pan until browned on all sides. Transfer meat to a slow cooker/crock pot along with beef stock, onions, garlic and white wine. Cook at medium heat for 4 hours. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper and flour to thicken. Cook another 30 minutes, stir in sour cream.
In a 3 quart pan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil and add egg noodles. Cook until tender. Drain noodles. Ladle meat and gravy over noodles.
Recipe courtesy of Craig Ceasar