- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
Roll out the pastry to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to ½-inch beyond edge of the plate; flute edges. Sprinkle chocolate chips into pastry shell. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, brown sugar, bourbon, flour and vanilla until smooth. Stir in 1 cup pecans. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.